EMERGENCY Blocked Drain PLUMBING ON THE GOLD COAST Call 0417 956 301
A Plumbing emergency always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time and you are left running around frantically trying to find a professional plumber that is not going to take advantage of your urgent plumbing situation.
Unfortunately when in an emergency it does not usually allow you enough time to carry out a thorough investigation of the plumbing company that you would like to use. You can find yourself in a case of using the first plumber that answers the phone.
If you do not already have a preferred plumber that you have previously used or who comes via good recommendation it is a wise move to do some research. Find a plumber that you like and add them to your contact list long before you need their services. Don’t wait for a plumbing emergency disaster to strike and then go looking.
If you are planning to move house or are new to the Gold Coast, once you have settled in it is a good idea to start researching the local Gold Coast plumbers in your area. You can research on the internet and also ask your new neighbours who they have used in the past and trust. That way you will be fully prepared if you need emergency plumbing in a hurry.
Common emergency plumbing problems on the Gold Coast are usually one of the following:
If you know or suspect you have a water leak, because all of a sudden you have water appearing out of ‘nowhere’. It is best to contact a plumber as soon as possible to locate the leak. That way you will not end up with costly damage and a surprise large water bill from the council. Here are some steps you can carry out before calling your Gold Coast plumber to make sure it is definitely a water leak and obtain information that the plumber may find handy.
- Turn off all taps on the premises including the dishwasher and washing machine taps.
- Go to the water meter and note the numbers on the dial.
- Wait 10 minutes and then see if the numbers have moved at all.
- If the numbers have moved while all your taps have been turned off then you have a water leak.
- Calculate how many litres per minute are being used as this information will be very useful for the plumber when you speak to them on the phone.
- While you are waiting for your plumber to arrive, if you do not need to use any water, turn off the tap at the water meter to prevent any additional water loss.
No Hot Water
Finding out you have no hot water as you jump in the shower can be very frustrating, especially in the middle of winter. It’s at this point that you really appreciate the luxury of being able to turn on the tap and have piping hot water come out without any effort.
Before calling your plumber, check what is happening first as it may be an electrical problem, not a plumbing problem.
- Turn just the hot tap on.
- If there is water coming out of the hot tap but it is cold then it is likely to be an electrical problem.
- If there is no water coming out the hot tap at all then it is a plumbing problem.
- Also check the tap or relief valve located at the top of the hot water heater. Turn on the tap or lift the valve lever to see if hot water comes out of the pipe. If hot water comes out of the pipe, then it is a plumbing problem.
Kitchen and Bathroom Blockages
When the water in your sink or toilet bowl starts to drain away slowly you may hope that it will just correct itself. More often than not the slow draining water gets much worse, not better. At this point you can try and plunge the toilet or sink if you have a plunger. But it is best not to put any chemical cleaning agents down the drain as they are corrosive and can bubble back out and burn you.
Usually the chemical cleaning product won’t help any way, and if it does help, the problem usually comes back fairly quickly because it hasn’t fixed the root of the problem. It is best to get a plumber out promptly and place a special drain camera down the pipes to see exactly what is going on before the problem turns into an emergency and you can’t use your kitchen or bathroom at all.
If your blockage is a plumbing emergency already and you need a plumber straight away, look for a plumber that specialises in plumbing blockages as they will have the specialised equipment to find out what the problem is with their drain camera at the same time as cleaning out the pipes. Check to make sure that your plumber has both a drain camera and location equipment. That way if there is a break in the pipe they can locate where the problem is from above the ground, making the job to fix the problem much easier, which in the long run saves you both time and money.
To Find Out More Call Tap King Plumbing on 0417 956 301
Emergency Blocked Drain Plumber Gold Coast